A lot of people have been mobilized by the Troy Davis case, especially in the past few days. You called and emailed elected officials; you petitioned political appointees; you demanded that people be held accountable for a decision that put proper procedure ahead of anything else. But what will all of you do tomorrow? Will you dedicate yourselves to putting an end to the system whose flaws became so apparent to so many tonight? Or will you forget about the continued injustice of the death penalty until the next Troy Davis is moved to the death house? You have many other legitimate concerns in your daily lives and many other important issues that demand your attention. But you cared so much this time; do you think you can continue to care about the brokenness of our justice system as you do right now, tonight?
blue bits. red rocks.
- thelandofxanth likes this
- bobbycaputo likes this
- excitablehonky likes this
- kohenari reblogged this from kohenari and added:
- free-registry-cleaner reblogged this from kohenari
- thunderflyby likes this
- genteelmessa likes this
- retrospectivethinking likes this
- gavelovebutgothurt likes this
- wbrt likes this
- This was featured in #Politics
A GNT creation ©2007–2013